Pages

Welcome to my blog!


If you ask me what my very favourite thing is I would not hesitate to say my family. I came into motherhood quite late on, and was immediately overwhelmed with how amazing it is. Now I would like nothing more than to be a Domestic Goddess, and surround my family in love, good food, beautiful things and lots of happy memories. And like the majority of families these days, we need to do it on a budget!

I firmly believe we all have a little bit of the Domestic Goddess inside us, just waiting to break out. Whether that is knowing how to make a roast chicken feed a family of 4 for a week, being able to make, repair or recycle clothes, hunting down a bargain, or simply turning everyday, simple things into pretty or useful items, with a little bit of imagination we can all dip in to the Goddess inside and make our lives that little bit more interesting.



I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy sharing my (challenging) journey into Domestic Goddessness!



Thursday, February 16, 2012

Liebster Blog

I had a lovely surprise yesterday, an email from Mich at Mcrafts-the blog saying that she has awarded me the Liebster Blog award. I still find it quite mad that people choose to read my ramblings, let alone think it is worthy of any kind of recognition! Thanks very much Mich, it gave me a really big smile on my face!
(Incidentally, please give Mich a visit, as her blog is lovely and she makes some really pretty, and unusual jewellery, not to mention her crochet work too! )

The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have up to 200 followers in the hope it will bring them new followers and friends. The tradition is that is is then passed on to five other bloggers to help them too.





To accept the award, you need to:

1 Link back to the person's blog who gave you the award and thank them (done!)

2 Post the award on your blog (done!)

3 Give the award to five fellow bloggers who inspire you (below!)

4 Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know

It really wasn't easy choosing 5 blogs from all the ones I read. So I have tried to pick the ones that inspire me most.

Liz @ iampisspot I love reading this blog, Liz is a very special lady who writes beautifully and runs a lot!

Feverpitch Be warned, he's a Gooner, and I find myself nodding with every word he writes.

Rach @ This Woman's Work Lovely lady who makes being a mum seem so easy. Really wish I was as calm at it as she is!

Little Harriet I love reading her blog, she takes things in her stride and always seems so cheerful! Oh and she makes some lovely things :)

http://chasingart.blogspot.com/ The lady responsible for introducing me to ATCs and swaps (thanks for that!) and also the lady who told me I COULD crochet (and she was right!) I love her makes, and she always makes them seem so easy.

I hope you enjoy reading these blogs as much as I do. It was really hard picking just 5, but these are my favourites.

Til next time!


3 comments:

Little Harriet said...

Aww wow! Thank you for the award! :D

LH
x

FeverPitch said...

Many thanks for the award. Still can't quite believe anyone reads my nonsense let alone enjoys it so your comments are greatly appreciated. You made a depressed Gooner smile!

Unknown said...

Hi Helen
I have posted the earrings for you. And will let you know when fresh creamer tubs and have been made and ready to send out. Have ust posted our Sunday linky party too. Cheerio
Lesley x