Of course I am quite rubbish at sewing, as regular readers will know. My New Year's Resolution is to use it for more than hems and mending split crotches in jeans. And phone socks. I'm quite fond of making phone socks, there must be half a dozen floating around the house. But I owe it to my lovely husband to use this magnificent beast for more than that.
So the other morning, armed with my new sewing machine, a bag of material for recycling and my daughter's LeapPad I knocked up a little cover. ('knocked up' makes it sound like I did it in the Corrie ad break on my way to make a brew, not in the hour and a half.it actually took...) I made it from a piece of my old and very favourite pj bottoms. I sadly cannot wear them anymore as the split down the bum, although it has been fixed, really doesn't want to stay fixed. So into the recycle bag they sadly went. And now they live on. Hurrah!
Don't look too closely at the stitching because it's really not good! In my defence it is quite difficult to sew when you have to sew standing up (I had to put it on my kitchen work top to use it as the cable isn't long enough! Really must find a better solution than that!) and it gets a bit harder when you have a 3yr old pulling at your pant leg too! I made the button hole out of a ribbon for two reasons. First of all it is big enough for Caoimhe to manage to fasten and open herself. And secondly...I don't know how to do buttonholes....yet. But I will learn (It's been 20 odd yrs since Needlecraft at school so give me a break!) I tried to make it quite roomy so she can fit a couple of games in it as well. When I handed it over to her she gave me a really big smile, so I think that's a hit.
A bit later than usual this week, but it is *still* Monday so don't forget to take a look at what people have been up to via Wendy's blog for Handmade Monday
Have a good week everyone.
Til next time!