Pages

Welcome to my blog!


If you ask me what my very favourite thing is I would not hesitate to say my family. I came into motherhood quite late on, and was immediately overwhelmed with how amazing it is. Now I would like nothing more than to be a Domestic Goddess, and surround my family in love, good food, beautiful things and lots of happy memories. And like the majority of families these days, we need to do it on a budget!

I firmly believe we all have a little bit of the Domestic Goddess inside us, just waiting to break out. Whether that is knowing how to make a roast chicken feed a family of 4 for a week, being able to make, repair or recycle clothes, hunting down a bargain, or simply turning everyday, simple things into pretty or useful items, with a little bit of imagination we can all dip in to the Goddess inside and make our lives that little bit more interesting.



I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy sharing my (challenging) journey into Domestic Goddessness!



Monday, September 5, 2011

A bit of gentle encouragement!

Monday again. And we are into September now, as my daughter told me yesterday it is autumn! Well, not quite, but by looking at the trees already changing colours and shedding their leaves, you'd be forgiven for thinking the summer is over. Not that we've had much of a summer! It's another wet and nippy one here, a day for staying indoors I think. The play-dough is out (I'll regret that later!) Tilly is sleeping (hurrah!) and I am going to settle down with my first hot cup of coffee of the day and have a wander over to see what everyone's been up to in Handmade Monday Thanks again Wendy for hosting it!

Crafting has been a bit slack here this weekend. I recall there being talk of a rocket ship and maybe a launch pad, but somehow it's got to Monday and nothing has materialised. A few more wet days might change that situation though. A trip out to the supermarket on Saturday resulted in a little purchase from Mr G. Think he is trying to tell me something, what do you think? :

As yet I have not had time to try it all out. Though when I do, of course, I have several new cakey type books to choose a recipe from now!

We did manage to make a couple of 'cakes' this morning though, the Flip Flop and I. Not particularly edible though, although she did give the glitter a taste!


I have also started on my squares for the blanket I am making for Refuge/Simply Knitting. I had intended to show you a square completed but that just hasn't happened! But here's a sneak preview:


(Not quite) one down, 62 to go!

Well it appears my attention is required elsewhere. Any tips on splitting yourself into several pieces at the same time will be gratefully received! Have a lovely week all, til next time!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the purple! And the heart shape!!! xxx

Jan said...

Salt Dough is great fun, despite the mess. Have fun.

Jan :)

Wendy said...

Love the playdough cakes - brings back lots of memories! Oh, if only we could split in two just occasionally!

Unknown said...

I love that square, it knits up so quickly and the edges are brilliant. The great thing is that you can get a square done each evening which is so satisfying.

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

OOOh I do like the look of that blanket.... 62? it's just a number!

Kat Shenton said...

Make sure you post a piccy of the blanket when it's done. Nice choice of colour!

Bet you had fun with Playdough. Used to love the stuff as a kid. Until my mum would shout at me after getting it stuck to my socks and running it through the house and into the carpet :)

Ali said...

Oh, I love the smell of Play-Doh - takes me right back to my childhood!!

If ever you get the solution of needing to be in many places at the same time, please let me know!

Hope the knitting goes well (looks good so far...)

Ali x

Little Harriet said...

Noo it can't be autumn yet! It just can't!
I love Play-Doh, was very tempted to buy some the other day... I'll just have to play with the adult version, Fimo, instead. :)
LH
x