Pages

Welcome to my blog!


If you ask me what my very favourite thing is I would not hesitate to say my family. I came into motherhood quite late on, and was immediately overwhelmed with how amazing it is. Now I would like nothing more than to be a Domestic Goddess, and surround my family in love, good food, beautiful things and lots of happy memories. And like the majority of families these days, we need to do it on a budget!

I firmly believe we all have a little bit of the Domestic Goddess inside us, just waiting to break out. Whether that is knowing how to make a roast chicken feed a family of 4 for a week, being able to make, repair or recycle clothes, hunting down a bargain, or simply turning everyday, simple things into pretty or useful items, with a little bit of imagination we can all dip in to the Goddess inside and make our lives that little bit more interesting.



I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy sharing my (challenging) journey into Domestic Goddessness!



Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Blog Hop

A mention today for Handmade by Me, which is a new forum set up for crafty type folks, and hosted by Jude on her own website. The link is on my sidebar if you're interested in chatting to like minded people, or even if you're just after a bit of crafty inspiration or advice. Today also marks the first Handmade by Me Thursday Blog Hop. It is hosted by Caroline and can be found here. Have a look at some of the lovely blogs and maybe add your own if you are into crafty things yourself!

We've been having a bit of messy play this week. The Flip Flop wanted to do some painting yesterday morning, so we took full advantage of her early rising and Tilly's lie in to get some quality Mummy-Flop time in. First of all we made a card for granddad's birthday, and then we got the tempura paint out and a very messy, fun time was had by us both. No paint brush required!



We also made a chocolate cake, a small chocolate sponge smothered in melted chocolate, for Granddad's birthday cake.

In my own crafting news, I finally got the opportunity to make a card for one of Tim's friends, whose wife has had a little boy this week. The sex was a secret so I was unable to preempt it and make the card until Monday! Congratulations again to Gary and Alison!


I also had the opportunity to try out some bath bombs this week, courtesy of Anita and Lesley at Bath Bomb Creations. I had the pleasure of trying out their lavender and ylang bombs, and they were lovely! A little smaller than I thought they would be, but the scent was really nice and where I have had a problem with some bath products drying my skin out previously, these did not at all. The only thing that was missing from my bathing experience was a glass of wine. But since I am breastfeeding, the wine was out! They use essential oils in their products and they are definitely worth a try so have a wander over to their website and see if anything tickles your fancy.


Well that's about it for me for today. Til next time!

4 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

The choccy cake sounds delicious and with the bath bombs what more does a girl want, well maybe a glass or two of wine and candles

Jan said...

Ohhh I tried the bath bombs out too, really nice.

I need to get over to 'Handmade by me' but not had much spare time at the mo, I know, I need to 'make' time, I've got a couple of Art Shows coming up and need to prepare.

Love the paintings, messy art is right up my street.

Jan :o)

fatmonica said...

Will go and check out Handmade by Me.Love the look of those bath bombs!

Tustin Carpet Cleaning said...

Grateful for ssharing this