Pages

Welcome to my blog!


If you ask me what my very favourite thing is I would not hesitate to say my family. I came into motherhood quite late on, and was immediately overwhelmed with how amazing it is. Now I would like nothing more than to be a Domestic Goddess, and surround my family in love, good food, beautiful things and lots of happy memories. And like the majority of families these days, we need to do it on a budget!

I firmly believe we all have a little bit of the Domestic Goddess inside us, just waiting to break out. Whether that is knowing how to make a roast chicken feed a family of 4 for a week, being able to make, repair or recycle clothes, hunting down a bargain, or simply turning everyday, simple things into pretty or useful items, with a little bit of imagination we can all dip in to the Goddess inside and make our lives that little bit more interesting.



I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy sharing my (challenging) journey into Domestic Goddessness!



Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Spreading the word

It's been a while since I last blogged. You know when time just takes over and suddenly you're months down the line and you wonder where they went. I haven't been idling about, it's been a busy few months in the Raindrops house, with 3 children at school, dance shows and exams, girlguiding activities, work stuff and trying to fit family time into that, too. I've rather neglected my blog and I'd like to put that right!

My intention has always been to use this blog to not only share all the stuff I get up to attempting to make my family life work, but also as a platform for my hobbies that I'd really like to turn into my work. I have dabbled for a while with crafting and making as you lovely readers may know. Now I'd like to seriously take it forward and offer up my items for sale. This blog hopefully will show off what I've made, and along the way I will share some of the skills I've learned while honing my crafts. For example I recently learned how to do a Russian join with yarn. A very useful skill if, like me, you hate the thought of weaving in all those ends. A photo tutorial will follow in the coming months!

I've also added an Etsy shop, which you can see here. Have a look! My Facebook page is still going, there's a link to it on the left there. Exciting times ahead I hope!

Here's an example of some of the things I've been putting together recently.



Some rather cute ballet shoe stitch markers (we are a bit dance mad in the Raindrops house!), though I guess there are many other uses for them too!



And an up cycled headband, made from a grown-out-of dress. You can get the pattern here

I have got lots of exciting ideas and plans for the future. Hopefully some of them will bloom, maybe some won't, but the thing is you have to try and reach out for that happiness, don't you? Life is far too short to waste it on what ifs. 

Enjoy your day! 
Til next time. 



No comments: