Pages

Welcome to my blog!


If you ask me what my very favourite thing is I would not hesitate to say my family. I came into motherhood quite late on, and was immediately overwhelmed with how amazing it is. Now I would like nothing more than to be a Domestic Goddess, and surround my family in love, good food, beautiful things and lots of happy memories. And like the majority of families these days, we need to do it on a budget!

I firmly believe we all have a little bit of the Domestic Goddess inside us, just waiting to break out. Whether that is knowing how to make a roast chicken feed a family of 4 for a week, being able to make, repair or recycle clothes, hunting down a bargain, or simply turning everyday, simple things into pretty or useful items, with a little bit of imagination we can all dip in to the Goddess inside and make our lives that little bit more interesting.



I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy sharing my (challenging) journey into Domestic Goddessness!



Sunday, June 2, 2013

Daddy got involved too.



What a lovely weekend we've had. Lots of lovely sunshine. I hope you have all been able to make the most of it. We've had a great day at Dunham Massey on a teddy bears' picnic. If you have never been to Dunham Massey I can definitely recommend it. It's a lovely place, with beautiful gardens as well as a lovely house to wander around too. We recently became National Trust members and we're really looking forward to discover more great places just like this.

This week my hubby had a bit of alone time with our middlest this while I took the biggest to her dance class Obviously I had to take littlest with me since he doesn't like to be away from mummy for long. Well at least not my mummy milk anyway. I was quite surprised to come home to a lovely smell of baking. In the 45 min we'd been out my hubby and Tig made some ginger biscuits. It was nice that Tig got some on her own time with one of us, and she really enjoys baking, just like her older sister too. And they were very tasty too.

I managed very little making thanks to the school holidays as we have been trying to cram lots of fun things into the holiday while the kids still want to be around us :)

I did manage to make a bandana bib as you can see in the picture. It didn't turn out perfectly, the fastening needs tweaking to make it lie better, and I need to decide whether to try poppers rather than the velcro I've used on my first attempt. You might recognise the material. It's the remnants of the fabric I used for Caelan's taggie. I used an old flannel cot sheet for the back. Both should be quite absorbant for when the dribbling starts.

I'm linking up with Wendy for HandmadeMonday. Have a look at the great bloggers who have linked up too and have a great week.

Til next time.

Posted via Blogaway

5 comments:

Highland Monkey's said...

How nice to come home to the smell of baking. Bet you were proud of the cooks that day!

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

Oh, yum, ginger biscuits - well done cooks. The bandana bib is lovely, a I like how you are recycling material for your makes. Hope you have a good week.

Unknown said...

What a cute wee design on that fabric. I think I need a bib!

Anonymous said...

Must have been lovely to smell biscuits cooking. Were they as good tidying up as well as the creating ;)

Pickle Lily said...

A great dad! The bib looks super. Have a good week, Jo x