Pages

Welcome to my blog!


If you ask me what my very favourite thing is I would not hesitate to say my family. I came into motherhood quite late on, and was immediately overwhelmed with how amazing it is. Now I would like nothing more than to be a Domestic Goddess, and surround my family in love, good food, beautiful things and lots of happy memories. And like the majority of families these days, we need to do it on a budget!

I firmly believe we all have a little bit of the Domestic Goddess inside us, just waiting to break out. Whether that is knowing how to make a roast chicken feed a family of 4 for a week, being able to make, repair or recycle clothes, hunting down a bargain, or simply turning everyday, simple things into pretty or useful items, with a little bit of imagination we can all dip in to the Goddess inside and make our lives that little bit more interesting.



I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy sharing my (challenging) journey into Domestic Goddessness!



Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Finding the Goddess inside.

I have always had a bit of a creative streak, admittedly more in my head than in my hands. In my mind I can see lots of projects I want to make, or write but in reality I am just not that physically dexterous. Either that or I procrastinate too much!

I think there is a bit of the Domestic Goddess about us all, somewhere, however deeply hidden. My New Year's Resolution (this year, and last year, and the one before that!) was to find her, dust her off and elevate her to the pedestal she truly deserves. And I have finally got round to opening the cardboard box that has become her home since adulthood and all it's responsibilities took over from the carefree, crafty, knitting, baking, sewing little girl I once was.

She has had the odd foray into my world over the years. Baby cardigans knitted, buttons sewn on, cakes baked... but her stay was never extended and off she went back to her box with the unfinished Jumper for my husband and the oddments of yarn I always meant to turn into something but didn't get round to. But now, one pink, sweet smelling - and noisy - toddler later, I find she is making her presence felt more often and although i have even less time to entertain her now, I find her company more and more calming and inspiring.

This is my journey getting to know that domestic goddess I once knew so well!

No comments: